We have the pleasure to invite you to the International Academic Conference Mak Dizdar: The First 100 Years, which will be held in Sarajevo in the period 19–21 October 2017 as part of the series of events marking the 100th anniversary of the birth of Mak Dizdar (co-organized by the Mak Dizdar Foundation, the Bosniak Institute — Adil Zulfikarpašić Foundation and the International University of Sarajevo).
The conference is devoted to the life and work of Mak Dizdar, and its primary aim is to provide a setting for an interdisciplinary understanding of Dizdar’s literary-artistic and scholarly work. In that sense, the conference is not limited only to the perspective of literary studies, but is also open to other disciplines such as cultural studies, linguistics, historiography, philosophy, sociology etc, that can contribute to our understanding of the totality of Dizdar’s work and the question of its position and role in Bosniak, Bosnian-Herzegovinian and former Yugoslav cultures and societies in general. It is also open towards question of the influence and reflections of Dizdar’s work in other artistic spheres during his lifetime and after.
The conference languages are Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian and English. The presentations are expected to last around 15 minutes, with additional time for discussion. The conference participation is free. The presentations will be published in a peer-reviewed book of conference proceedings. The deadline for final paper submissions is 1 February 2018.
Please submit your presentation proposal using this form by 1 September 2017.
Prof. Dr. Amila Buturović
York University, Toronto
Prof. Dr. Sanjin Kodrić
University of Sarajevo
Academician Prof. Dr. Tonko Maroević
Institute for Art History, Zagreb
Academician Prof. Dr. Svein Mønnesland
University of Oslo
Dr. Yuri Stoyanov
SOAS, University of London
Prof. em. Dr. Elbisa Ustamujić
Džemal Bijedić University of Mostar
Suggested conference topics:
- The poetic work of Mak Dizdar and its aesthetic and literary-historic aspects
- Mak Dizdar and the literary-cultural canon(s)
- Mak Dizdar, cultural memory, representation of past and questions of identity
- Mak Dizdar, politics and ideology
- Medieval heritage and Bosnian culture in the artistic and scholarly work of Mak Dizdar
- Mak Dizdar and the Bosnian language
- Scholarly and popular reception of the artistic and scholarly work of Mak Dizdar
- Translations of Mak Dizdar’s work and its international reception
- The work of Mak Dizdar in the educational system and teaching practices
- The influences and reflections of Mak Dizdar’s artistic and scholarly work in different media and cultural practices (music, painting, film, pop-culture…)
- The biography and bibliography of Mak Dizdar
- Other topics relating to the life and work of Mak Dizdar
- Deadline for proposal submissions: 1 September 2017.
- Acceptance letters: 15 September 2017.
- Conference dates: 19–21 October 2017.
- Deadline for complete paper submissions: 1 February 2018.
For additional info and questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prof. Dr. Sanjin Kodrić, University of Sarajevo
- Dr. Gorčin Dizdar, Mak Dizdar Foundation, International University of Sarajevo
- Amina Rizvanbegović-Džuvić, MA, Bosniak Institute – Adil Zulfikarpašić Foundation
- Narcisa Puljek-Bubrić, Bosniak Institute – Adil Zulfikarpašić Foundation
- Prof. Dr. Amila Buturović, York University, Toronto
- Irfan Horozović, writer
- Prof. Dr. Zvonko Kovač, University of Zagreb
- Academician Prof. Dr. Tonko Maroević, Institute for Art History, Zagreb
- Academician Prof. Dr. Svein Mønnesland, University of Oslo
- Prof. Dr. Fahrudin Rizvanbegović, University of Sarajevo
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Edim Šator, Džemal Bijedić University of Mostar
- Prof. em. Dr. Elbisa Ustamujić, Džemal Bijedić University of Mostar
- Prof. Dr. Bogusław Zieliński, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Please submit your presentation proposal using the form by 1 September 2017.
Fields marked with * are required